The Philomathean Club. During the year 1915, eight live, active students, after much seriousness, organized a club which they christened the "Philomathean," meaning "Love of learning and letters." From that day until the present the club has been a potent factor for good in and for the school. Although our club is not the largest in school, consequent upon some restrictions which we have placed upon its size and membership, it is one of the best. Some of the restrictions are: The club shall not exceed twenty in membership, every member is required to maintain a high class-standing in all her studies throughout the year. By these means we aim to have only live, energetic workers in our club. We have no place for dead issues. The purpose of this club is two-fold: first, to awaken or instil in its members the love for literature, and second, to place the girls upon a better social plain. By thus appealing to the higher and noblere ideals of life in the girls the club has been beneficial.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.