"The new buidling was built under the Federal Emergency Administration Public Works Program, at a cost of $65,000. It was built in 1938-39. It was adequate with rooms to spare, for the needs of the County until the late '70's. Then with the coming of the power plants and the coal boom and the resulting influx of people, it began to bulge at the seams. In 1977, the jail and the Sheriff's Office were moved into a new building located on the high school hill. In 1980 the county contracted with Nelson, Nelson and Marriott to remodel the building
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.