Emery Stake Academy was first located in the town square. In 1907-1910 the Church built a larger three story brick building on the hill overlooking Castle Dale. From 1910 to 1922, this housed the Emery Stake Academy. Then in 1922, the church disconintued the operation of an academy in the Emery Stake, and this building was sold to the Emery County School District. Thereafter it housed the Central High School. Sudents from Orangeville and Castle Dale attended school here. On the third or top floor there was one large hall or room with a stage at one end. This hall was used for their dances, school parties, stage productions, school assemblies, etc.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.