Newspaper article published in the Emery County Progress many years later, shows a 1937 photogrpah of the San Rafael Bridge during the dedication. The bridge was designed by engineer Bill Baumann. The building of this bridge by the CCCs opened up the San Rafael Swell to tourists and campers as well as ranchers. Until this time, most of the Swell was known as "The Mystery Lands." It remains today as a beloved relic of the past. It can be used as a foot bridge.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.