The biggest assignment for Company 529 of the Civilian Conservation Corps in Castle Dale was to build a bridge across the San Rafael River on the San Rafael Swell. Bridge construction began in 1935. The bridge was built under the direction of the Division of Grazing to help ranchers move their sheep and cows across the river which was treacherous in the Spring months. It opened up the interior of the Swell for sightseers as well.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.