Cedar Livestock Company. The Mercantile Store. Lehi M. and Rass take sheep to Gunlock, Utah. ~'Pootr"Walker. Lehi elected president of first Chamber of Commerce. Lehi chosen and ordained Bishop of Cedar City West Ward. Minutes of meetings while in this position. Picture of Tithing Office. Kumen marries and homesteads farm. Henrietta and Ferd Hintze. Ann Jones and Bert Gardner. Henry Jones and Arternisia Gardner. Picture of family. Hauling coal and the Jones and Bulloch coal mine. The Jones Brothers and their iron ore claims. L.W. Jones .4od Sons Co. organierd.
In 1907 many of the livestock men in Cedar City consolidated their rangeland and sheep into one "setup." Each man had been arranging for the extra help he needed to take his herd to the mountain each spring and back again in the fall. The men of this area decided that it would be more convenient to take the sheep to the mountain in one large herd and run them together in the winter. The sheep ran on the combined rangeland belonging to the members of the group known as the Cedar Livestock Company. The Joneses took an active part in this organization. The Company hired a manager and some herders and each stockf holder waq to receive dividends according to the number o sheep he owned. Young Kumen Jones was hired as the first manager of the Cedar Livestock Company sheep herd and he kept this position until approximately 1912. There were about 35,000 head of sheep in this consolidated herd. Not long after they consolidated, the members of the company agreed that they needed a comniissary to supply the men and herds with grain, clothing, supplies, etc., so they agreed to build a Mercantile Store in Cedar City. The Bank of Southern Utah had been organized a few