appropriated $70,000, $35,000 of which was expended for a new science building and equipment.
In 1905 the Legislature appropriated $5,000 for a boiler house, which was erected during the summer. A sum of $600 was appropriated for securing water for the grounds. The water was secured and the planting of shrubbery and trees commenced.
The Legislature of 1907 appropriated $10,000 for a shop and gymnasium building, which was built during the summer of 1908.
The Legislature of 1909 made liberal provision for the biennial period of 1909-10, for maintenance and equipment.
The Legislature of 1911 made the support of the school dependent on a tax levy. This gives better opportunity for planning the work of the school. We look forward now to a prosperous future.
The first commemoration of the founding of the school occurred May 19, 1906, just nine years after the telegram was received by Cedar citizens announcing the location of the school by the commission at Cedar City. May 19, is now Founder's Day, at the school.
SITE AND BUILDINGS.
The buildings are situated on Normal School Hill, near the outskirts of the city. Part of the campus has been prepared for baseball, tennis, basketball, croquet, and similar games, while other parts have been planted with shade trees. During the year 1906-7, an excellent track and field were prepared, so that students will find accommodations in out-of-door athletics, equal to those found at any other educational institution in the state.