8 SOUTHERN BRANCH
In 1905 the Legislature appropriated $5,000 for a Boiler House which was erected during the summer.
A sum of $600 was appropriated for securing water for the grounds. The water was secured and the planting of shrubbery and trees commenced.
The first commemoration of the founding of the school occurred May 19, 1906, just nine years after the telegram was received by Cedar citizens, announcing the location of the school by the commission at Cedar City.
The commission that located the school consisted of John R. Park, Carl G. Masser, and James E. Talmage.
SITE AND BUILDINGS.
The buildings are situated on Normal School Hill, near the outskirts of the city. Part of the campus has been prepared for baseball, tennis, basketball, croquet, and similar games, while other parts have been planted with shade trees. The buildings are thoroughly modern in every respect, being commodious, well lighted, and provided with the best system of beating and ventilation.
Ground for an athletic field has been purchased.
The grounds are being laid out, planned after the Stadium at the St. Louis Exposition.
LABORATORIES AND APPARATUS.
The laboratories are located in the Science Building.
The biological laboratory is provided with compound microscopes, dissecting microscopes, accessory instruments, and chemical reagents. The dissecting room is fitted with modern apparatus and the histological work is conducted along the moat approved lines and the best of apparatus is in use.
The physical laboratory is furnished with all the necessary apparatus for a course in general physics, including the work in X-rays, wireless telegraphy, and all apparatus designed to illustrate all branches included in the regular High School