8 SOUTHERN BRANCH.
In 1905 the Legislature appropriated $5,000 for a Boiler House which will be erected during the summer.
A sum of $600 was appropriated for securing water for the grounds.
SITE AND BUILDINGS.
The buildings are situated on Normal School Hill, near the outskirts of the city. Part of the campus has been prepared for baseball, tennis, basketball, croquet, and similar games, while other parts have been planted with shade trees. The buildings are thoroughly modern and in every respect, being commodius, well lighted, and provided with the best system of heating and ventilation.
Ground for an athletic field has been purchased.
LABORATORIES AND APPARATUS.
The biological laboratory is provided with compound microscopes, dissecting microscopes, accessory instruments, and chemical reagents.
The physical laboratory is furnished with all necessary apparatus for a course in general physics.
The chemical laboratory is equipped with everything essential to a course in general chemistry.
Each of the laboratories is fitted up in the most approved manner.
The shops are equipped with modern tools and machines for turning, scroll sawing, general carpentry, and blacksmithing.
Collections are being made of Indian relics, minerals, plants, and animals. The design is to. build up a museum that will fully