8 SOUTHERN BRANCH
For each biennial period the State has made liberal appropriations for maintenance. The Legislature of 1903 appropriated $70,000-$35,000 or more of which has already been expended for a new science building and equipment; the remainder is being used for general maintenance.
SITE AND BUILDINGS.
The buildings are situated on Normal School Hill, near the outskirts of the city. Part of the campus has been prepared for baseball, tennis, basketball, croquet, and similar games, while other parts have been planted with shade trees. The buildings are thoroughly modern and in every respect, being commodius, well lighted, and provided with the best system of heating and ventilation.
LABORATORIES AND APPARATUS.
The biological laboratory is provided with compound micro-' scopes, dissecting microscopes, accessory instruments, and chemical reagents.
The physical laboratory is furnished with all necessary apparatus for a course in general physics.
The mineralogical laboratory is fitted with tables and cases for blowpipe work and crystallography. Specific gravity and other balances, and all the apparatus and material for class and laboratory work are provided.
The chemical laboratory is equipped with everything essential to a course in general chemistry.
Each of the laboratories is fitted up in the most approved manner.